Tuesday, March 07, 2006

My modified Furman University Training Plan

This is the Furman University half-marathon training plan, as published in Runner's World. It being winter/spring here in south-eastern Connecticut, I don't have any immediate plans to run a half-marathon. However, I'd like to keep a similar schedule - so I've devised a simple loop which consists of the 3 main components: an interval day, a tempo-day and a long-run day.Every forth week, I'll run home from work which is 10 miles, and extendible to 14 miles if I do the Bluff Point loop. The next time I run it (should be March 23rd or 24th), I'll post the route. Yesterday, I did the 10x400 intervals at an averate pace of 6 minutes and 42 seconds. Tomorrow, I'll run my standard 4 mile loop of Avery Point. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home