Monday, March 20, 2006

Friday Run and Monday Intervals

I went out with a small group last Friday and had a very good 6-mile 'long run', at a 7:55 pace. I know this doesn't sound fast, but the goal pace was 8:10, so I'm really pretty happy about this. The diagram is the route: we head up first, and then down to the coast which has 3 mini-loops (Jupiter point ~ 0.5 miles, the UConn Avery Point campus ~ 0.7 miles and the Esker Point beach parking lot ~ 0.35 miles), and then back up to Pfizer.

Today I did 3x1600 interals which felt very difficult: 6:29, 6:53 and 7:34. The last one doesn't look much like a speed interval - but it was uphill and into a strong wind - these windy days make going out very difficult, but I suppose that's spring in New England. Anyway, the average pace was 6:57, which is only a little off of the 6:55 goal pace. Not bad considering the conditions. I'll probably squeeze in my tempo tomorrow and then jog home from work on Thursday (which I'll blog Friday). Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home