Friday, March 24, 2006

Run Home from Work

Here is my 9.7 mile run home from work yesterday. I had a good pace of 8:17/mile over the entire course, and very even splits: 8:13 for the first 3 miles, 8:27 for the next 2.6 and 8:13 for the final 4+. This compares very well with my goal pace of 8:20. I stopped the GPS twice, which accounts for the split points, do to dogs - I slow to a walk to try and avoid getting chased. I think dogs have surpassed cars as my greatest fear during these runs. I should say, despite the dogs, this is a great way to see the town you live in. I'm a lucky man to have a wife who'll drop me off at work without making too much fun of me for being weird. Thanks love.

On Tuesday I ran a 7:36/mile pace for 3.75 miles duing my lunchtime tempo run, which is pretty close to my 7:30 goal and not bad considering the wind we had early in the week.

We finally get some of the spring races starting up. On April 23rd, the Westerly Track & Atheletic Club has it's 26th running of the Clamdigger 5 mile race. Also on the run team schedule are the Flanders 5Kids 5K on April 29th and the L&M 3.5 mile race in New London on May 6th. I may be able to get to all of those. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home