Thursday, April 26, 2007

9 miles and a figure-8


Well, I couldn't manage a run into, or from work due to car troubles - so I decided to do my long run at lunch since it's the last long run for awhile. I started out going north and east down the bitch and came back to the starting gate moving clockwise (~ 4 miles), then I did the bottom loops moving counter-clockwise (~ 5 miles). Probably my best run of the year. The pacing was excellent (taken every 2-miles: 7:33, 7:37, 7:46, 7:53 and 7:36 for the last mile) and the average pace was on target: 7:41 - I was hoping for 7:45-7:50 - but was worried that I'd miss it after the poor run two weeks ago. And for once the weather was perfect - 50s, light breeze and sunny - great running weather.

For the week that gives me over 25 miles and next week I can scale back with less intervals and a shorter tempo runs (4-5 miles at a 7:20-7:30 pace).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home