Friday, April 06, 2007

Good Friday, Good Run


I did an 8 mile long run today at an 8:05 pace. The weather was cold and windy - so I decided to do 2 clockwise loops down toward the water. The first 2 miles were at an easy 7:54 pace. Then I ran into Dave (who's still recovering from Lyme Disease) and came up Eastern Point at an 8:48 pace - so the first 4 miles were ~8:20 min/mile. Dave dropped off at the gate as I started my second loop, I did the first mile at 8:15, then started my pickup at mile 5. I was able to push for 1.64 miles at a 7:08 pace before stopping. I counted the last 2 'laps' based on uphill (0.91 miles at 8:46) and downhill (0.46 miles at 7:24) - but it's basically 8:20 pace.

For the week, I've managed to log 16 miles. I need to squeeze in a ten mile run home next week, since I want to start with the 7:40 paced 'long' runs the week after (which will initially be shorter, ~6 miles).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home