Thursday, May 10, 2007

Muggy Tempo Run


Nothing like a 5.4 mile tempo run in 100% humidity. My goal was around 7:20 with negative splits - since my early pacing has been pretty poor. I wanted to go out somewhat easy, but not so slow that I wouldn't get the time back. I ended up with: 7:31, 7:12, 7:30, 7:27, 7:20 and 7:16 [for the last 0.4 miles], for an average pace of 7:24. I'm actually very happy with that - since it is negative splits on a course that's difficult to achieve that - especially with the mostly downhill second mile and the mostly uphill 5th mile. I think if the weather had been a little easier I could've achieved the sub 7:20s, but I'll give up 4 seconds/mile on a hot day anytime.

Next we should be fun: track workouts Tuesday afterwork and the Twilight Trail Run on Friday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home