Thursday, October 25, 2007

30 Minute Tempo Run

And the hard part is officially over! I did 4.14 miles in 30 minutes and 01 second. Broken into min/mile paces (each quarter was slightly over 1 mile): 7:14, 7:10, 7:18 and 7:17. I am particularly happy with the pacing - probably my best run all year in that regard. I was able to let off a little going down towards Eastern Point - enough so that I had a good bit left in my tank coming back up the hill. My legs and feet felt good, although my back was a little sore during miles 3 and 4 (feels ok now). The weather was bad for walking but great for running - 50s with light rain to keep me cool. This week has probably been the best weather-wise that I'll see: yesterday's trail run was great - cool and misty - wonderful colors. However tomorrows bike into work may be a washout. Oh well, 5 straight days is pretty good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home