Monday, November 06, 2006

Tarzan Brown Run

Yesterday was the Tarzan Brown Mystic River Run, and it turned out to be my best run to-date. I covered the 5.5 mile course in 37:27, for an average pace of 6:48. That was good for 12th out of 89 runners in my age group. I started a little fast (6:30 for the 1st mile), and kept that up for about 3 miles before slowing a little. The last 1.5 miles were very difficult, but I managed to keep the legs moving. A good begining for a stretch of November races. Next Saturday is the Electric Boat Atheletic Club race over at New London's Ocean Beach. I'm hoping the 4.5 miles will feel a little easier, and that I can run about the same pace. I feel pretty good today, so I may try some easy intervals Tuesday and then another easy run on Thursday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home