Friday, September 29, 2006

Busy Week of Running

Following Monday's six-miler, I managed to get my 6x800 intervals in on Tuesday (avg pace: 6:35 min/mile), a Rock swim on Wednesday and a four-mile tempo run today. If I include the Rock swim as '6 miles of running'- that some nice total mileage (~21 for the week). Today's tempo run was fun. I started a little slow (8:08 pace for the first 1/2 mile), then did the next 2.5 miles at an increased pace (17:30 for 2.5 miles; ~7:00 min/mile pace), and finished the last mile at a 7:54 pace. The 7:00 min/mile is basically at the pace I'd hope to run the TB race at, and the distance (2.5 miles) is probably a good 'short tempo' distance considering that TB is only 5.5 miles.

Next week should be fun: a ten-miler home on Monday, a Rock at some point and I'll probably try the intervals next Friday. 3x1 mile intervals - I can't say I'm looking forward to that. I can't imagine I'll be close to the 6:30 goal pace for those - but I'll give it a shot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home