Friday, October 06, 2006

C4 Week

This week was the C4 symposium at work - which probably doesn't ring many bells for most people - certainly not runners, but did make it a little difficult getting out. To expediate getting the bus through our front gate, I road it in from the hotel with our visitors - which a few hours later gave me the perfect oppurtunity to run home from work (since I didn't have a car). I was pretty pockey: 1 hour 22 minutes for the ~ 10 miles (a 8:26 min/mile pace). Much slower than the last time I managed this last spring (~ 7:50 min/mile pace). Nevertheless, it was a good mileage boost at the begining of the week.

The next day, our group did the Rock (3 mile run, 1/2 mile swim). As always, an excellent, relatively low impact workout. I took Wednesday and Thursday off to emerse myself in science and then went out today at lunch for 3x1 miles intervals. I didn't realize it at the time, but I ripped the first two pretty well: 6:19 and 6:08. The final one I had a 6:40 pace going, but quit ~0.8 miles into it. The weighted average is ~6:20, which is much better than I would have though considering my corresponding 6x800 pace was 6:35. Gotta say, I'm feeling pretty good. Total mileage (with swim converesion) ~ 20 miles. Next week I'll probably be back around 17 miles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home