Friday, May 25, 2007

Final HMP Tempo Run

I finished the second 'stage' today of my training program with a 5 mile 'long' tempo run at a 7:16 pace. The pacing was, as usual, poor for the Easterpoint route: 6:57, 7:04, 7:15, 7:29 and 7:34. Although the last 2 miles were tough, I'm not very disappointed since (1) they were mostly uphill, (2) it was hot and muggy, (3) the first 3 miles were near the pace I want to run 3 miles next week - so I feel pretty good about that run (should feel easier), and (4) overall 7:16 is in my good range for a half-marathon pace. Totals for the week, like last week: 15 miles.

In other life news, my second daughter turns one today (well, yesterday - but we're celebrating today), and Star Wars turns 30 - a great link about a Star Wars virgin. I love his comment about Alec Guinness - talk about adding insta-credibility to the movie - I wonder if it'd be as popular today if not for him???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home