Wednesday, September 19, 2007

CVS Snafu


So this weekend I ran in the CVS 5K+. Since I put down my 3.5 mile Chase time (~24 minutes) when I registered, I ended up in 'wave 2' - which was fine except for the fact that all the volunteers left the course and the whole wave did some extra running. A surreal experience - being out in front of thousands of runners asking bystanders for directions. Ironically, I ended up running about 3.5 miles anyway, at the exact time I entered when I registered: 24 minutes, 7 seconds - good for about 6:53 pace. The good news:
  1. It counts for a nice 3.5 mile tempo run.
  2. We won 1st in the corporate team (although my time didn't matter).
  3. I got to go out yesterday...
...and had some nice mile intervals (6:27, 6:31 and 6:58). So my speed is ok and Friday I'm going to try 13 miles as my first and final distance training run for the Niantic 1/2 Marathon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home