Saturday, November 24, 2007

Runs on the Jewel



For Thanksgiving we went on a cruise of the Caribbean. I managed to get two runs in: one on Monday and one on Wednesday. The Monday one wasn't very good. I did one mile on the outside 'jogging track' which was packed with people, kids and slow walkers. Then I went inside to the packed gym and did about 4 more miles at about an 8:20 pace. So the total mileage was good, the workout was choppy. Wednesday was much better. I went directly to the gym and did 3.4 miles in 25 minutes. Although the mileage was short, the pacing was progressive - I did the first mile in 8:33, the second in 7:30 and was sub seven for the last 1.4 miles. It felt great.

Having said that, I was really disappointed with the track, I wouldn't call NCLs Jewel a very running friendly ship. Fortunately the food, kid pools and family made it a great Thanksgiving vacation. Now back to work and cold weather runs for 5 months.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home