Saturday, May 17, 2008

Twilight Trail Run 2008.

Last night was the Twilight Trail Run out at Bluff Point State Park. As it has the last 3 year, it rained on and off the whole night. Despite the rain, the weather was almost perfect for running - temps in the low 50's and breezy, but not windy. I felt very good early and pushed the pace more than I planned, since after a little bit I felt as though I could get a pretty good time. Racing without my lost GPS probably helped. I kept the leg turnover going, but tried to pull up a little until I had made it around the Bluff Point loop, then I made a push along the Amtrak rail line and around Haley Farm. At that point I knew I was probably running a good time. I ended up strong, but exhausted: 53:45 good for a 7:15 pace - much better than the previous years.

I then hung out for about an hour for waiting for the raffle drawing. I never stayed around for the raffle - just about everyone won something - I won $50 dollars of car washes. So if you live in the area and need a car wash, let me know. I wrapped-up the night getting some rice-spice and noodle 'drunken noodles' and a mic-ultra (I forgot to throw the Cottrell in the fridge).

Not that they read the blog, but I'd like to thank the race organizers, the many massage volunteers and the ham radio geeks. And of course, I'd like to thank my wife for the support and the night off.

Today, I got up at 6:30 with the kids, and feel a little sore, but not too bad. My total mileage for the week tops out at 23.5 miles (liberally including my walk and swim). I have one more week with hill training, then a few track weeks before the JP Morgan Chase run. I'm feeling pretty good about heading into that, since my first 2 runs this year have went very well. I'm pretty convinced that bumping up my weekly mileage and sticking with a weekly long run has really helped.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home