Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Run

Well, I was running, so I missed the historic speech. Fortunately I have a DVR so I can watch it tonight. I ended up doing a difficult 4.9 miles in just under 40 minutes (8:08 pace). The run was a little faster than normal, thanks to Dave B., my new running friend (not to be confused with Dave T. - who is apparently not running during the cold weather). Physically, I was alright - although my back is *killing* me from all this snow shoveling. Nevertheless, I'm still loving this winter. Barack's speech will echo on each run:

In the face of our common dangers, in this winter of our hardship, let us remember these timeless words. With hope and virtue, let us brave once more the icy currents, and endure what storms may come.

In other words - if it's cold out - go out and run anyway. It'll be Spring soon enough, and you don't want to suck. Also of note: this weekend I found a nice Firefox add-on called Stumble Upon. While clicking through random links - I came across this two hundred situps site, and decided to go ahead and add it to my 'strength' training schedule. I started the situps on week 2 and the pushups on week 1. Hopefully, it'll help during the upcoming season.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home