Saturday, March 14, 2009

O'Niantic 5K Race

O'Niantic 5K: my first race of the spring running season. I won my age group in this race last year, and was looking to defend my title this year, the races second year of existence. One year brought a course change and different weather, much colder but drier this year. The race started with temps in the low-mid 30's. I started fast and, like my previous 5k's - kept it up for a good 2 miles, before struggling in. I still managed to beat my PR by a few seconds: 20:37 (6:39 pace). While it felt great to PR, I was a little disappointed by the finish. I had to really concentrate on leg turnover during the last mile - and I was actually passed by the 2nd and 3rd place guys in my age group. No big deal in the grand scheme of things - but pacing is certainly something to work on if my goal this spring is a good 10K.

Post race, I met my family at the SE-Conn children's museaum and got pizza at Illiano's. I'm pretty wiped now. And I'm suppose to take my kids swimming. Crap, just getting them into the car's going suck. blah. Maybe to pool will wake me. up.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home