Friday, March 20, 2009

Tempo and Pace.

So today I made it over to Fitch High School in Groton after work for my first real training session. It was pretty simple: 20 minute tempo run. After last Saturday's poorly paced 5K, I wanted to do the workout on the track so that I could more easily judge pace every 200 and 400 yards. The plan worked well: I did the first 2 miles in 14:36 (a 7:18 pace), and had enough gas to do the last 1250 yards at a 6:54 min/mile pace. That gave me a 7:11 pace for the 20 minutes - and a strong finish: perfect!

Yesterday I made it out for a 4+ miler, which included 10 x12 second hill sprints toward the end. Those were really just for fun. Next week I have lined up 2 key workouts: 4x1 mile intervals and a 50 minute run (about 6 miles). I'll also do one 'easy' 4-5 miler and my Wendsday night swim. Week 1 is in the books!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home