Monday, June 15, 2009

Beginning of Summer Training

So today was my first post-Spring season run - an easy 5 miler with a coworker. We did the normal route - including both Avery Point and Jupiter Point loops - but stopped a bit early and walked it in (cramping issue, not me). I felt good - although we kept the pace slow and easy. That's pretty much going to be the case most of the summer - except for maybe a few track sessions and fun runs. I'm really hoping to get on the bike tomorrow and start biking it into work. I figure 2 bike rides and 2 runs per week until the water warms up and then add some open water swims. I'll be training for a triathlon - but probably won't be doing one. As goals go, there isn't much to be gained by doing a tri, but I do think it's good conditioning heading into fall. So that should tie me over until early August when I'll start the beginning phase of marathon training.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home