Saturday, May 30, 2009

Twilight Trail Run


Last night was my fourth Twilight Trail run in four years. Unfortunately, I was not feeling well - either a low grade cold or allergies. I knew sniffing last years time was not going to happen, so I went out a little slow and figured I'd see how I felt after the first big incline (around the point). Turns out I was feeling ok, so I started to try and pass people over the course of the next 4-5 miles. I managed to even pass my running buddy - who started the race like a rocket - in the last mile of the race - so that was good. My un-official time was 56:36 - good for a 7:39 min/mile pace. This puts it slower than the last 2 years - but ahead of 4 years ago. Overall, considering the illness, a decent race and probably some good training for the JP Morgan Qualifier in 2 week.

This week, I also did an easy 5.3 miler with DaveB and Larry on Wednesday - combined with the bookend races that gives me about 20 miles of running this week.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home