Tuesday, May 19, 2009

One Week Left

I'm on my last week before the Washington Trail 10K in Durham on Memorial Day. I had a pretty good week last week, and started off this week with a smooth 4.5 miler Sunday night. It felt like my best run of the year. I took Monday off (more due to the work schedule than anything) and then hit the hills with the running team today: 45,90,120,45,90,120 second repeats. The hills felt good, although I'm a little gassed now - hanging out with the kiddos in the basement. As usual, they're all smiles.

So now the question is how to taper. Not being a high-mileage runner, I don't think cutting miles too much is worth it - maybe 20-30% - which is only 4-6 miles - leaving about a 15 mile week. Not counting Sunday's run (since it was really 8 days before the race), I have about 10 miles to work with. I'm thinking an easy 5-6 miler tomorrow and a shorter (<4 mile) run Friday - with some 45 second intervals. Saturday and Sunday will be rest days. The big question is how long the long run should be. I was leaning toward a 9 miler for Wednesday, but now I'm thinking it can't possibly do much good.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home