Friday, October 30, 2009

Week 13 Long Run.

I did 22 miles today in 3 hours and 33 minutes, which is roughly a 9:30 pace. I deliberately went out slow - and it seemed to work. I felt tired at 2 hours, but told myself to keep a pace and think positive - it seemed to work - real fatigue didn't set in until the 3:10 point - which was the time of my previous long run. It did hurt after that - but I'm guessing that's normal. Taking the rest of the day off.

Earlier this week was tough. I did the requisite 5 on Monday with Larry and Dave [albeit too fast], and paid for the pace on Tuesday - I did the slowest TwTR run of the year: 1:15 - taking frequent walking breaks. Wednesday was mercifully raining [hard], and I decided I'd rather miss my weekely mileage total than feel like ass during my long run, so I took Thursday off as well. It seemed to pay off - today was hard but doable. Now I can hit Tarzan Brown hard then start the taper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home