Sunday, December 13, 2015

Yulefest in Cambridge.

Unofficial results: 21:22 - one second off of my all time fastest 5k.  Not bad for 44.  A overcast but mild day.  I had severe PF pain before the race, but my knees felt ok.  I started fast, as I always do in 5ks.  Past the first mile just under 6:30.  Started hurting a bit during mile two, but managed to click by the 2 mile mark at 13.  Mile 3 really hurt, I just try and focus on leg turnover and pumping my arms.  The finish is nice because you can see the clock and the church spire at Harvard square as you come up the street.  I knew I was running a decent time so I really tried to keep the pace solid through the finish.  Nice thing about these short races is your body feels good after, not like the marathon at all.  A nice flat fast race to end the season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home