Saturday, November 28, 2015

Turkey Trotting

Thursday morning I headed to Davis Sq. for my first Mass turkey trot.  Haven't done one of these in a while, but I picked the 'gobble, gobble, gobble' run that the Sommerville Road Runners put on.  The morning was bright and mild and I had picked up my packet in advanced, so I could just show up and run.  The course is a 4 miler.  I did the first fastish - but not all out: 6:40, and then slowed a bit for mile two 13:40.  Mile three was a bit more hilly, and slower, but I think I managed another 7 min/mile, then closed stronger: 6:40-something for the last mile which had a lot of downhill stretches.  Average pace was 6:53 - a little disappointing - as I was hoping to be in the 6:40s.  

Not my best effort, but good to get another race and certainly one I'll be doing again.  That is 5 races for the year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home