Tuesday, April 03, 2018

...And Another...

Another great weak of training. Very similar to the previous two. I started with my final hill set. (45, 90, 120)x2 - eight and a half minutes of climbing. I followed that the next day with a 3 mile tempo run: 7:20, 7:18 and 7:08 - 7:30 overall pace for the 5 miles. Felt great - amazing weather that day. Friday I had some time at work and did 7.9 miles at a nice 7:45 pace. Felt pretty easy most of the way. The goal was something just under 8 - and i was a bit below that even. So 3 solid workouts. Today I started mile assault on the 46 year old dude mile. Today was just a time-trial to baseline where i'm at. Headed over to the AHS track at 6:30am and did a 6:08 mile (6:02 according to the GPS - but the whole point of the track is to go by the watch and laps). So pretty good. The track was slick and I didn't have my spikes - so i'm guessing i'd have been close to sub-six to start this training cycle. Hopefully the heaps of intervals will help lower that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home