Sunday, January 07, 2018

New Year Rowing

I made it out exactly once this week - Wednesday from work at lunch - for a slow, icy 6-miler.  I probably could have pushed it more - but the ice made footing a bit slippery.  Better to live to run another day.  That left a lot of days open for XT work.  I rowed Monday, Thursday and Saturday - 28 minutes each day - which I equate to about a 5k of running.  I did some minor strength workouts and lots of snow shoveling as well.  Tiss the season to XT. 

I had trouble coming up with a '3 best list' for 2017.  No races really stood out - but after some thought here are the four in no particular order.  Most unique experience was the 5k in AZ at 6:30 in the morning and 100 degree temps.  It was my slowest 5k - but I won my age group - so that is cool.  Best feeling race was the battlegreen 10k.  Had this been a flatter course - I would have mauled my old 10k record.  Best I felt all year.  Best achievement was either the AM mile - my fastest ever or the half (1 minute off best ever).  Both were just a bit lacking which is why it is hard to pick the best.  The mile wasn't a big leap, and the half was marred by sickness which held it back from being better - but i'm proud of both.  Maybe the best thing I did this year was recommit to racing - 11 races my most ever - and more than double what i've been doing since i moved to mass. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home