Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Summer Suffer

 2020 is not going to be known as the best year on record.  The summer is going to be remembered by lots of sweat.  After an awful 14 last Monday, I did 3 Wednesday, and 6 Thursday.  The Thursday run was really nice and cool - and we did it down in Watertown - so flat as well.  Felt pretty good.  I actually did the last two miles at a 7:30ish pace.  

Saturday I hit the track for a 4x1200 workout.  It was my first AHS track workout in - since I can't remember - definitely ;pre-covid.  I tried to pace it: 7:10, 6:50, 6:30ish - but usually took the first one out too fast - but it was still a fun workout.  Weather wasn't too bad to start - but started to feel hotter by the end.  

Sunday was another sufferfest long run.  I went 8 miles up the bike path into Bedford.  The first 10 weren't so bad.  But as I neared downtown Lexington and the traffic on the bikeway started to pickup - I needed to have my mask up a lot more.  That, the heat, the lack of water (i had a bottle - but nowhere to fill up) started to take it's toll.  Then that last uphill mile to get home - always sucks.  Anyway - done and in the books - but that one hurt.  Hard to imagine tacking on more mileage over the next month.  Hopefully we get a few cooler days ahead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home