Saturday, July 18, 2020

Tree Week

This week has been very choppy.  To aid recovery from last Saturday's 'ultra' I took Monday off and did my Sunday 'tempo' on Tuesday.  It was hot and difficult to run 3 miles at a 7:25 pace - but that is summer training.  I then attempted to move a tree with a 300 lb. root ball up a hill with the aid of a (very strong) 14 year old daughter.  Back and arms are pretty shot at this point. 

Followed that up with an 8 mile 'long' run in the heat Wednesday- walked at least 3 times.  More summer running!  Took Thursday off to go to Martha's Vineyard - first time!  Which was pretty cool.  Then did a real crap 4.5 miler on Friday afternoon.  Topped that off with a hike of Mount Monadonock today (1500+ feet vertical climb). 

Like I said - choppy week - just too much other crap (some fun, some not) going on.  I plan on getting my tempo/long pair in tomorrow and Monday.  Then another run in Wednesday before heading out on a 4 day trip down the Allagash river in Maine.  That may still not happen - but it's looking more likely. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home