Tuesday, October 06, 2020

Week 3 mile project

 Busy week last week; not so much running - but other stuff.  I had two difficult workouts - a 6x60 second hill work which I did early last Tuesday.  Felt horrible - which is how I typically feel with hill work.  Easy run Wednesday.  Did a nice 7 mile run to north cambridge on Thursday - really perfect day for running.  

Things got interesting on the weekend.  6x400 at mile pace.  I did these mostly at mile pace - but the last 2 were 1:30 - which is a bit too slow.  Followed that up with a 15 mile run up to Bedford and back on Sunday.  Again - perfect running weather.  Felt pretty good after.

Today I kicked off week 4.  Did 4x800s at 5k pace which i manged at 3:12, 3:11, 3:11 and 3:15 - so all at or below 5k pace.  I then did 4x200s at 44, 42, 44, 44.  So about mile pace for all of those.  Some tough runs coming up: 5k 'race' on Saturday and 2x800 at mile pace in one week.  Both sound hard...  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home