Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Mile Training. Again

 So with scaling back distance and not really having anything to train for, I decided to go for the mile plan since i didn't really follow it last spring.  This will be 8 weeks - and my mile should be run the first week of November - so hopefully we'll have some 'PR weather'.  I finished last week with a 3x2 mile effort last Sunday (my previously long run was 14 easy up the bike path - which i neglected to blog about).  The 3x2 felt pretty good but harder than I would have hoped.  Part of doing the mile plan is to try and make the 7:30 pace feel easier again.  Yesterday was the official start of the mile plan: 4x800 at '5k pace' which i did in 3:07, 3:09, 3:12 and 3:12 - so a little below my best 5k pace - a good start.  Workout was done at the AHS track with lots of high school athletes bouncing around the in-field.  Gorgeous fall day.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home