Thursday, September 03, 2020

Up the Pace

 So I did change things a bit with no marathon on the horizon.  My initial plan is to maybe do a 25K (~15+ mile) time trial type thing.  As such, I switched my long runs to be a bit shorter - and last weekend I did an 11 mile 'alternate pace' run.  I remember liking this run last year because, with the mile in-between each pickup, the faster miles feel very doable - but I still get a lot of faster miles in.  The overall pace was 8:06 - which isn't great - but is much faster than my other recent long runs.  

Yesterday I did a similar run:  2x3 miles at MP pace.  These I did on the bike-path - so it was a little slow on the way up: 7:39, 7:33, 7:38.  I was pretty gassed - so going down was: 7:37, 7:09 and 7:37.  I knew the first mile was too slow, so picked it up for the middle mile.  Pretty happy with that.

Tomorrow: 14 easy - should take about 2 hours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home