Monday, June 12, 2006

Improving Intervals

I ran another interval ladder last Thursday, and noticed some further improvement. My average pace decreased from 6:25 the previous week to 6:23 and the 1/2 mile interval was 10 seconds faster. Today Larry and I did the 'Sneakers Mile' again, and 5.85 miles total. We took the mile pace a little slower (7:01), but the overall pace was the same as last week, 7:54/mi over 5.85 miles. This worked out well, since I wanted to get a distance workout in, but the interval should help the mile runs coming up. In a week, the Westerly 3 mile fun runs start and the 'Cannonball' 1 Mile run in Preston is suppose to be June 22nd - although I don't see it on any of the calenders.

My other source of motivation is a new inkling to do a triathlon, or at least start swiming in the sound. However, a quick check of the coastal water temps suggests that maybe I should wait a little before embarking on that. Perhaps after the Westerly track mile in July, I'll start some biking and swimming, which would make getting exercise during the hot months a little easier. I figure I can (1) bike to and from work once or twice a week, (2) do a swim/week, and (3) 2 jogs a week (distance and intervals). We'll see.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jinbon H Wrong aka Sloop John B said...

Did you happen to see a guy doing intervals just behind you dressed in a black robe and carrying a scythe?

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home