Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Off the Shnide, the Sequal

Last Wednesday I welcomed my second daughter, Elena, to the world at 1:30 PM. Since the kido was breach, we had to do a C-section, which requires lots of help for the wife. As a result, today was my first run since last Wednesday. My GPS didn't click on until we were about 1.5 miles out, so I'm not certain about the exactness - but I'd guess we did 3.75 in 29:53 (the stopwatch part still works), so a shade under 8 minutes/mile. Needless to say, the layoff and the sun were pretty tough. I'll probably go out again tomorrow.

Since I don't have much running news, I'll make some College baseball predictions: based on computer ratings and central mean averaging the number 1 seeds most likely to move on are: Clemson, Georgia, UNC and UVA, while the least likely are: Pepperdine, Oklahoma, Oregon State and Texas. Once again the selection comittee does an astounding poor job of keeping the regions even, and once again favors the south (3 ACC teams with cake regions?). If you don't agree, just wait and see how many of the 4 cake-region hosts move-on compared to the 4 war-zone regions. Having said that, I'm not at all upset that so-many ACC and SEC teams are hosting - they have great fans and should be rewarded - I just would have flipped Maine and Missou - and made a few other simple tweaks to even things out. Ok, back to running.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home