Thursday, May 04, 2006

Spring Showers

Well, my garden looks pretty good, but getting these runs in is difficult. Our hill running club was washed-out Tuesday and Wednesday, so I ran up and down Fishtown Road near my house last night. Although a tough hill, the grade is a little easier than the hill near work - which probably explains the faster average pace. I read in this months Runner's World about a mile race plan, and was thinking about doing the Nick Bottone track mile later this summer, so I also did a non-hill 200 meter sprint at a 5:49 pace. I was happy I could get this fast, since the Running Time's pace time equivalent calculator told me that I should be able to run a mile in 6:20.

Since my last post I did two other workouts, both felt difficult. The first was last Thursday, I did 6 miles at a pockey 7:43 average pace. Then, fearing that I was never going to be able to crack a 7:00 pace in a shorter race, sprinted out Monday and did the first 3.5 miles at a 7:18 pace, before crawling the last .6 miles back to the front gate. Not the best feeling workout ever. I'm hoping that some race adrenaline will carry me a little faster Saturday and that I won't bonk before the end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home