Wednesday, November 15, 2006

EBAC Fall Challenge

Last Saturday was the EBAC fall challenge, which was also the last 'team' race of the year. It was a relatively warm day for November in New England, which I'm guessing accounts for the fact that my pace was ~10 sec/mile slower than the week before. The totals are: 33:12 for the 4.75 mile course, average pace: 7:00 min/mile and the splits are: 6:44, 6:44, 7:19, 7:11, 7:00 (for the last .75 miles). During the race I thought I had went out a little fast, but the splits for the first two miles aren't really that much faster than what I was hoping to run - so I think I just ran out of gas. Still, 7:00 min/mile overall isn't bad. In fact, if I hadn't run my best race ever last weekend, this would be very close to my best ever (considering the distance). Race results can be found here. I finished 45th out of 183 overall, and 5th out of 17 in the 30-39 age group. Our team won the men's open division, although it looks like no other company had a team in that age group (EB only had enough for the Masters division).

I may skip this weekend Little Roady Run-around, although it looks like I'm also going to miss the Thanksgiving Day races (I'll be in Jersey on Thanksgiving, during the race in Mystic and I'll be in Mystic Sunday during the race in Jersey - exactly backwards). So I'll have to be content with the abrupt end to my racing schedule, unless I can get out to this weekends run...

I'm still training though - just nothing too intense. Did a 7:48 4 miler with Larry on Monday, and will probably do something similar today. After Thanksgiving, I may try and start a few months of strength training, and cut down a little on the runs (which the weather may help me with anyway).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home