Thursday, August 02, 2007

13 Mile Run

Today, I ran 13 miles into work. It took 1 hour, 55 minutes and 13 seconds - and the time included many walk breaks. The overall pace was 8:51 min/mile. Weather was very humid and a little hot.

I was happy with the pacing. Instead of long/exhaustion-induced walks, I took more frequent but shorter walks, and I started doing this earlier in the run. Still, the run was very difficult and my legs are more sore now than I think they've ever felt. I kept thinking that I'm never going to break 8 min/miles for the NH 20k - but hopefully the weather will be a little more race-friendly. Yes, I still have some 'training' to go - but I've really cut-back on the overall mileage, and I may not add the speed work back in - at least not how I feel now.

My overall 'mileage' for the weak is 24 [updated to include 800 yard swim Saturday] miles. Next week I'm going to do the 2x3mile tempos - the next long run won't be until ~Aug. 16th or so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home