Friday, June 29, 2007

JP Morgan Chase Corporate Challenge

Yesterday the team went up to the JP Morgan Chase Corporate Challenge [qualifier] in Boston for what's become the major team run of the year. Back in January I was aiming for running 6:30s, but I ended up doing 24:08 for the 3.5 mile course, which gives 6:54 min/mile avg. Given the weather and the congested start, I was actually happy with it - thankful that I could keep it under 7:00. Hopefully one or two of our teams will qualify the for actually 'championship' which is held October 6th in NYC and I may then get a chance to improve on the time.

The trip itself was fun. We got to Boston a few hours before the race and lounged a bit. Living in SE-Conneticut is nice, but it's always a good change of perspective to hit one of the big cities.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home