Friday, July 17, 2009

Back in Mystic


So we made it up from a great trip to the shore on Wednesday. The kids seem pretty happy to be back with their toys and friends. Wednesday was a travel day. I'm thinking of getting them up earlier either Saturday or Sunday and heading over to Wakefield for the hot-air balloon show. They do a "glow" every night this weekend and start every morning off with a big fly (or so its says on the website). I think the kids might like it.

So yesterday I made it back to work just in time for a seminar talk - and a post seminar talk run. I talked Dave B into heading out and we ended up doing the 5.3 mile loop, which includes both Avery point and Jupiter loops. The pace seemed pretty fast - Dave B was thinking under 8:00 min/miles (we'll say 7:50). I can't find my watch anywhere - so I'll have to just guess until I get around to replacing it.

Today has been like my own mini triathlon: I biked into work (9 miles), ran (4.5 miles) and did my first Long-Island sound swim of the year (~0.5 miles; or 6 lengths down at the Shenny beach). I'll also be biking home (another 9 miles). So that about 4.5 eq. miles biking and 3 eq.miles swimming: 12 miles total by the time I get home today. Kinda makes up for light schedule earlier in the week.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home