Monday, November 09, 2009

Week 14: Done.

One more week of training left. I did 9 miles in the dark - around Groton Long Point last night after the kiddo's were in bed. Easily the best run of last week. In retrospect, I think I should've done something to get recovery after a hard Tarzan Brown race last Sunday - as all my runs hurt last week. The cramping on the long run Friday was a bit of a mental blow, but I'm going to take it as a wake-up call. First, I know anything can happen in the marathon and second I'll make more of an effort to eat and drink better that morning. With that behind me, last nights run felt pretty effortless - 9 miles in 1 hour 20 minutes. The pace felt good and easy - like I could have kept it up a lot longer. I almost wish I had another 18-20 miler left - but I'll have to make due with this week's 12.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home