Thursday, December 03, 2009

Light Blogging

End of the year blogging. I'm really not doing much - 2-4 runs/week and only 12-15 miles this week and maybe 16-20 miles/week for the next 2 months. I'm thinking the following runs next year:
  1. O'Niantic 5k [March] - a decent shot at an age group place. This would be my 3rd year in a row.
  2. Providence 1/2 [early May]- or another spring 1/2 following an easy 10 week plan - nothing too intense.
  3. Twilight Trail Run - late May tradition. I actually hope for rain.
  4. Bottone Mile - Track mile in July.
  5. Misq. Beach Run [late August] - worth it just to knock-off work early and spend one more afternoon at the beach with the kids.
  6. CVS 5K [Sept.] - have to do a team race at some point.
  7. Niantic half [late Sept.] - can conflict with CVS - but I enjoyed it this last year.
  8. Memorial Strides 10K [Oct.] - want to nail a 10K.
  9. Tarzan Brown [early Nov.] - Tradition.
  10. Lil' Rhody [late Nov.] - would like to nail this one also.
There are other possibilities - but I'd like to PR at a 10K and a half this year - two very doable goals. And I'd like to kill the lil'Rhody - I'm overdue. No marathon this year. As much as I loved training and doing Philly - it does distract from all the other fall or spring races. Maybe 2011.

What else is going on? With my mileage down, I've been [obviously] thinking about my goals and my shoes. This year I went to a rotation between the ASICS 2140 and the Brooks Adrenline 9. The Asics shoe feels more cushioned, less stiff than the Brooks - but it feels like the Brooks positions the gate a little better. In fact, I went with the Brooks for the marathon and a majority of my long runs because I feel it handles the legs a little better - even if the ASICS has better cushioning. The other thing worth mentioning is I bought a 10.5 size for both - the ASICS feels a little too large, while the Brooks feels a little too small. Finally, the Brooks gets the overall nod for adding the BioMogo to the shoe - this helps the shoe breakdown in the landfill and it's a little lighter.

Anyway - enough rambling - time to watch the Oregon-Oregon State "track meet" football game.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

и всё эе: восхитительно.. а82ч

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home