Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 Round Up.

Well, I'm ending the year on a sick note - been out of action since last Sunday's Bob Harper workout. Monday we got pummeled by snow - and the next four days I've been out with a low-grade cold. I guess that's ok since I'm gonna start things anew in 2011.

Every year I've done a top and bottom list of races. This year, I didn't feel I had any bad races - so I'll just list them from the top down.
1. Niantic Bay Half. I aimed for this race all year and planned on doing 7:30s throughout. To my surprise I was hitting the 7:30 paces fairly easily for the first 6 miles - and managed negative splits the second half for 1 hour 36 minute and 8 second half-marathon. A 7:20 pace. The day was perfect and race went off great. This race has given me boat loads of confidence heading into my next marathon.
2. Niantic Bay 10K. It was the start of the Niantic Bay year - back in June. I'd never run sub-seven for any race over 3.5 miles with the exception of the Tarzan Brown race - this race changed all that. A 10K pr on a hot summer Friday night. Took home 3rd place in my age group - my only medal of the year.
3. Tarzan Brown 5.5 miler. The 6:37 pace is a little questionable considering the course adjustment - but there is no doubt this was probably my best run ever - by my standards I blistered it. The day kinda stunk - cold and overcast - but the race was fast and the post race party at my house with my buds was a fun way to celebrate the last race we'd do together for the season.
4. Ocean Beach 11.6 mile. A summer scorcher - but a pretty cool event! This is the first race that I ran with a friend - didn't really race - what fun! We did 8 minute miles for 8 miles - as this race marked the first week of my 1/2 marathon training plan. I ran faster the last 3.6 miles and ended with a 7:48 pace. A great confidence builder going into the 1/2.
5. Lil Rhody 8 mile trail race. This bad boy has given me fits forever. This year I nailed it. Bonus: I didn't get lost. Racing wise the 7:44 pace isn't anything to brag about - but the course is more challenging than your typical flat road race - especially the last 3-4 miles. I think, over the year, this time may hold up as my best.
6. Twilight Trail Run. Most years this would easily crack the top-3. I ran good and hard and was only 4 seconds off my best run ever for this course.
7. Pfizer Triathlon. A great achievement. But, I can't deny I hate the bike and the swim felt worse than it should've. This maybe one to mark as a redemption race in 2011 - but I do hate time in the saddle...
8. Clamdigger 5 mile. I really do appreciate this race. It's early in the season when I want to get racing again. But the race isn't ever that great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home