Sunday, December 09, 2012

Phlegm, Mucus and Guinness

More sick.  5 weeks and counting.  I actually feel pretty good today - I did about 48 minutes of the Bob Harper workout this morning - which is probably about as good a workout as I've had in awhile.  I did a short swim workout last Monday - felt awesome.  I felt so good Tuesday morning that I did a short run to Davis Sq, but the next two days I felt worse.  Again slightly better Friday, and managed another run (into Arlington on the MM bike trail).  Feeling better this weekend, although still congested and now my side abdomen is pulled or strained, so it hurts like hell every time I cough.

Probably the worst part this week was Wednesday and Thursday when I was dragging at work. Very difficult to focus and get stuff done.  The congestion really does me in.  I was oddly happy when I had meetings to occupy me (which I usually hate).

Best part of the week was hitting the Druid in Inman square for Guinness.  My god that beer tested good.  I'd like nothing more than to hang out there, maybe play some cards and drink a few beers.  Too bad it'll probably be 6 months before I ever find myself back there.

If/when I start feeling better again - I'd like to pick a few races to target in 2013.  Maybe a 10K like this in the spring, and then find a good half in the fall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home