Monday, December 24, 2012

Year End Running

Ahh X-mas eve.  This is only my 3rd blog in December, but the truth is this month was much better than November.  I've managed over 30 miles in the last 14 days (including almost 7 today)!  Biking was a little down this month - just only 30 miles biking spread out over short commutes.  I've also got goals for the first time in a year.  2012 was goal-less - this year I'm starting to race again.

I finally managed to run around Tufts (not just to it).  Not hard - it's a tiny campus - only added 1 mile to my loop to Davis from Alewife.  I'll miss that run once my CambN gig ends.  That's good and bad - since I like the runs around Cambridge and Boston - although I can see a day when the bridges get a little boring.  I'll have to mix in some intervals and swims.

Although the year was bad for running - it was actually good on a few levels.  I feel strong due to my almost weekly weight workouts.  And I've biked more than ever thanks to the commute.  I'm not sure if the short commute miles count for much - but it's 20 minutes a few days a week that most folks sit in the car.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home