Friday, October 09, 2015

Final Long Run

Well today was the last one.  I did my final long run around the esplenade today over 'lunch'.  A lunch that took an hour and 18 minutes and covered 10 miles.  I've totaled 12 long runs (10 or more miles) and another 5 in the 8-10 range.  This one was targeted for MP (7:50).  I started with larry and we went a little slow to warm up the first 3 miles: 8:14, 7:54 and 7:54.  Then picked it up: 7:36, 7:47, 7:38, 7:44, 7:52, 7:46, 7:45.  The wind sheer was pretty bad - to the point that I was thinking I wouldn't be able to keep the pace I had the last 4 miles - not a great feeling 9 days out of the marathon - but it is what it is.  The first 13 miles last week definately felt a little easier - and the pace was faster - so hopefully the marathon goes more like that.  Legs are sore now - but the lactic acid is what you train for - so I'm telling myself it's a good pain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home