Friday, December 16, 2016

Closing out the year.

I have my last race of the year this weekend - the bill rodgers jingle bell 5k in somerville.  The course is familiar - a little hilly - but I managed my fastest ever 5k there a few years ago.  i'm guessing those days may be gone - but I'm still going to try to go out fast and see how I do.  It's kinda funny that as hard as this year's marathon training was - more miles - I'm actually less prepared speed-wise.  Yes, I did some track work, but that ended in mid-august - and I transfered to those 'strength' workouts (2x3 miles or 3x2 miles - but at a 7:10-7:30 pace).  In the end - how fast I go may come down to back issues - sore back lately - I never race well with a sore back.

This week has been pretty good.  lazed around monday.  Did 8.2 from home on Tuesday, and then did 4.6 with doug wednesday from work - had some faster miles with doug: 7:36 and 7:44 - but conversational for the most part.  I've also manged some solid strength work - the most I've done all year.

Goals for next year: I think I'm going to come up with a mile plan - and try to hit the track mile hard this spring.  Then maybe eye an enjoyable fall marathon - maybe aim for early november - maybe do two!  I still want to try doing 30 miles in 30 hours - or 50 in 50.  Those would be best done with zero family obligations - but I'll keep it in mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home