Sunday, April 09, 2017

An ok week

I had an ok week this week.  It started last Monday night when i wanted to get my hill workout in.  I felt my knee kinda get tweeked going down the stairs before the workout, but headed out anyway - and managed to complete the workout (60, 75, 90, 60, 75, 90) - but had a sore knee that night and the next day.  The workout followed an interval session the day before - which i'm guessing didn't help the knee situation.  So, I decided to take it easy - no running Tue/Wnd/Thr.  Friday was a lovely morning, so i headed out and did about 6 miles at an easy pace.  I could feel the knee - but it wasn't so bad.  I took another day off (saturday) and went out for a nice 9 miler today - kind of a progressive pace: 8:29 min/mile the first 3 miles, 8:22, 8:20, 7:57, 7:38 and 7:32 for the next 5 -  and pushed it at an 8:17 pace for the 158 foot climb the last mile.  A pretty good workout to end the week.

I think i've been trying to train for a 10k, but also squeeze in hill workouts - which is probably too much.  And now - starting next week, I'll be entering my mile training plan.  I may stick with the hills for another week - but really need to just get by and not worry much about the 10k. I may do a tempo during the week on a run home - but should really consider just running home if it the legs aren't feeling great, since I'll need to be able to hit the intervals on Sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home