Monday, April 30, 2018

James Joyce Ramble

Yesterday was the James Joyce Ramble - my first race since last month's sad 5k.  Going into this race, I had similar lower back concerns as that last 5k.  I was hoping to beat my 10k record - which isn't that great - but was a little concerned with my back. 

The day was drizzly and cold - but kind of perfect for running.  The race started with a down hill and felt real easy - 6:45.  The next mile starts to have some small undulating hill and the effort required was getting difficult - 6:47.  Mile 3 starts with a hill, but was otherwise not so bad - 6:51 and cruising.  Mile 4 had probably the hardest hill of the race and I stopped to drink a water for about 10 seconds - 7:01 - my slowest of the race.  Mile 5 had a nice down hill to start - 6:52 and feeling tired.  Mile 6 is going back up the hill that we went down at the start of the race - 6:55.  I covered the last 0.2 at a 6:48 pace (also going up).  All in all a good effort - still a few seconds off of my best 10k.

It is a fun race - but after two years of trying - probably not one that i'll break my 10k pr on. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home