Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Week 0

I had thought i was starting my mile training program last week, but the race is a week later than i thought - so i'm going to basically combine last week with this week. confusing. Anyway, after last week's mile I did a really nice 9.4 mile run around Alewife/Davis/Arlington at a 7:45 pace. Like a lot of my runs lately - felt very good. Sunday I went to Belmont's track and did my 4x800s. These were run at ~6:00-6:15 pace. Didn't feel great. Today's run is suppose to be a 2-mile tempo at 5k pace, but I need to do it again next week - so this one is kind of a practice go. I don't remember ever doing a 2 mile 'tempo' - not sure it even qualifies - but i'm looking forward to it.

 Update: did the two mile at 6:33 and 6:37. I am pretty pumped about that. My breakfast mile was 6:02. I had a recent 3-mile tempo of 7:18, 7:20 and 7:08; and a recent 4 mile tempo of: 7:19, 7:21, 7:19, 7:19. The two miles today felt really hard. I was pretty sure the second mile was going to be significantly slower - so i'm pretty happy that it was only a 4 second drop. And it's still 'week 0' - haven't really done much of the speed training yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home