Saturday, May 12, 2018

More speed work and a crap ton of miles

Ramble is in the rear-view mirror, and I've manged some hard speed sessions the last two weeks.  The Tuesday after the race I did 6x300 - this was probably the easiest one to hit my marks at.  Easy morning laps down at AhS.  I did a 6.3 miler Thursday, then 2x800; 4x200 workout last Saturday.  The 800s felt easy at 5k pace.  And the 200s felt doable. 

This tuesday brought pain.  6x400 at mile pace.  The morning was foggy and cool - and nobody was around at 6:30 at the track.  I started these out at 1:25 (5:40 pace); but they crept up to 1:28-1:29 for the last 2.  The one minute off just makes it hard to recover.  My next interval session in Monday 10x200s - which should be pretty doable.  But then, next weekend is a 2x800 at mile pace stuff that is a bit frieghtening to think about.  Those are followed by 2x400 and 2x200s.  Ughh. 

In more fun news.  Yesterday I did my mercenary legs for RagnarCC.  Since I had to be back early saturday - i did leg3 (10.8 miles) at 12:15 yesterday; then leg 10 (van 2) of 4.6 miles at 6pm (hotdog fueled!); then back to van 1 for leg 15 (4.3 miles) at 9:30 at night.  The 10.8 miler was hot and hilly and hard - but overall pretty doable.  The run at 6 was the hardest - legs were not expecting another 5 miles at that point - but the pace wasn't bad.  The night run was slower - but footing and directions are more of a challenge - and the legs felt a bit loser.  Someone will have to pickup my 3 miler leg (#27) - probably about now.

Overall - over 19.5 miles - so a good bit of training - although i'm not sure if that really adds up to anything useful.  If I'm smart - i'll should try and keep that long run mileage up every 2-3 weeks so it's not a total shock when i have to 13 in July to start marathon training.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home