Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Mile week 4/5

 So the 5k race run didn't turn out.  My idea was to run it at a track and try and pace about 6:40 or below - but AHS girls soccer had other ideas.  No 'fans' or runners due to covid.  Instead of going to a different track - I just tried running up and down the bike path.  obviously didn't hit my marks: 7:05, 7:01 and 6:50.  The last mile was downhill - so pace was definitely getting worse as i went.  Oh well - I feel like the effort was there - even if the speed was lacking. 

Next day i did my favorite alternating pace 11 miler around watertown/cambridge.  The 'on' miles were: 7:29, 7:21, 7:18, 7:21, 7:19.  Probably about my current half-marathon pace.  Felt good.  

Kicked my intervals from yesterday until today due to rain.  Just did easy 4 yesterday.  Today I did the 10x200s at the track (officially in week5).  I did 0:42, 0:43s and probably a 0:44 at the end.  They were all at or just under mile pace - but they felt like a pace that I could never keep up for 4 laps.  But I guess that's why we train.  Next difficult run will be 2 miles at 5k, followed by4x200 at under mile pace.  I'll have to get up early to beat the soccer players... 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home