Friday, June 30, 2006

1st Westerly Fun Run

I've managed two more runs since Monday's post: the first (for me) Westerly fun run Wednesday night and more intervals today. It felt good to get myself and Julia out Wednesday night - It's not easy with two kids. Julia did great - despite the difficulties getting us both out the door with food and on time. I finished the 2.95 miles at 22:28, good for a 7:37 pace. Not the fastest - but not bad considering I was pushing the stroller.

Today I did intervals by myself. The weighted average was 6:12.5 - which I'm very happy with. The trend is certainly downward: 6:25, 6:23, 6:19, 6:17.5 and 6:12.5. The race is 2 weeks from next Tuesday - which gives me 2 more interval runs to practice.

Coming up? I'll probably miss next Wednesday's run, and will probably miss the Sailfest run next weekend. Pretty lame - I suppose the next runs will be the Track mile and then 'Blessing of the Fleet'. Here is the updated schedule:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home